Andy Meyercord practices exclusively in the health care and transactional areas. For over 25 years, he has advised physician groups, hospitals, and other health care providers in all areas impacted by the health laws. In addition to providing ongoing representation to some of the largest physician organizations in Texas, he has devoted a substantial portion of his time advising clients on a broad range of legal issues relating to the structuring, organization, licensing and operation of ambulatory surgery centers and hospitals.
- Representation of physician/hospital partnerships in the acquisition of ambulatory surgery centers.
- Obtain favorable advisory opinion that a specialty hospital was considered "under development" for purposes of the moratorium affecting the "whole hospital exception" to the Stark Law.
- Representation of underwriters in tax exempt financings and taxable credit enhanced bonds.
- Representation of physician partnerships in the development and operation of ambulatory surgery centers and diagnostic imaging centers.
- Organization and representation of managed care organizations.
- Structuring and representing a health care group purchasing organization composed of approximately 35 employers (representation including a request for a Business Review Letter from the Department of Justice regarding the antitrust issues).
- Ongoing representation of health care providers in medical staff issues, peer review hearings, physician licensing, HIPAA, delivery of patient care, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, fraud and abuse, hearings before the Texas Board of Medical Examiners and other licensing Boards.
- Mediator - American Health Lawyers Association.