Andrew is a Partner in William Fry’s Real Estate Department. He advises on all types of property development and investment transactions, having particular expertise in forward purchases, joint ventures and income sharing leases; institutional portfolio and tax-driven property investment; retail transactions; sale and leaseback transactions; and syndicate investments using partnership, limited partnership, corporate and co-ownership structures. Andrew was a member of the REIT Forum in Ireland and is a regular contributor to national media on property law issues and a frequent speaker at commercial property seminars.
Recent significant work includes advising:
- The buyer of the Project Opera portfolio comprising major Dublin office and retail investments including the Bank of Ireland HQ and Stillorgan Shopping Centre for a price in excess of €300m;
- An Irish pension fund on the acquisition of office investments at 1 Adelaide Road, Dublin 2 and 3 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1;
- An Irish pension fund on the sale of a 300,000 square foot logistics building at Damastown, Dublin 15;
- A US private equity fund on the acquisition of multi family developments at Central Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18, Clancy Quay, Dublin 8, Alliance Gasworks, Dublin 4, Liffey Trust building, Dublin 1 and Sandford Lodge, Dublin 6;
- A NAMA appointed receiver on the sale of the Rockbrook Estate multi family development at Rockbrook, Sandyford;
- A major international student accommodation provider on the acquisition of sites in central Dublin.