Sandy Taylor is listed in Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America, Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Lawdragon 500 Dealmakers in America. Mr. Taylor was also named in The Legal 500 for middle market private equity buyouts.
Private Equity: represents firms in fund formation activities, portfolio company investments, restructuring and recapitalizations of existing investments and exit transactions.
Private Companies: advises on strategic business matters, contract negotiation and corporate governance matters, mergers & acquisitions, equity financings, private placements, recapitalizations and exit transactions.
· Represented healthcare venture capital firm in $900 million fund formation.
· Represented electronic components manufacturer in $65 million sale to buyout firm.
· Represented mezzanine fund in $165 million fund formation.
· Represented syndication of venture capital funds in $175 million equity financing of early stage pharmaceutical company to finance acquisition.
· Represented Canadian-based fund in US aspects of $150 million fund formation.
· Represented mezzanine fund in acquisition of software company.
· Represented buyout firm in acquisition of candy manufacturer.
· Represented advisor to institutional investors in organization of series of funds-of-funds.
· Represented venture capital funds in numerous first, second and later round financings.
Publications and Presentations
· “Plan Ahead to Avoid Fateful Mishandling of Succession,” co-author, Buyouts, October 2011.
· “The SEC Changeup on Private Equity Fund Registration,” co-author, Corporate Finance Law360, August 2011.
· “After Fallout, Financial Power Shifts to LPs,” quoted, Boston Business Journal, February 2010.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Taylor is a member of the Boston Bar Association.