Anastasios A. Antoniou practices the law in Cyprus and has been ranked as leading lawyer in Competition law, Merger Control, EU Law and Dispute Resolution (Litigation and Arbitration) by eminent ranking houses, including The Legal 500, IFLR1000, Who's Who Legal and Best Lawyers International, while he has received ILO's Client Choice Award in 2015.
Anastasios has acted as Cyprus counsel for a plethora of multinational corporations and global law firms, advising on competition law, merger control, EU law and international law matters and appearing before courts and tribunals in high-profile corporate, energy, competition and human rights litigation and arbitration.
He is a Member of the Cyprus Bar Association, the European Competition Lawyers Forum, the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN), the British Institute of Comparative and International Law and the International Trademark Association (INTA).
In ranking him as leading Cyprus Lawyer, The Legal 500 have highlighted Anastasios' 'expertise' and 'knowledge' as being the reason behind Anastasios Antoniou LLC's 'solid reputation', recognizing that the Firm provides 'a service equal to that of any international law firm'. The IFLR1000 have acknowledged and recommended his competition practice and merger control expertise, while he is included in the eminent Best Lawyers listings and has been consistently ranked among the leading competition lawyers globally by Who's Who Legal.
Anastasios A. Antoniou has acted for, advised and represented a plethora of multinational corporations, governments and organizations.
Indicative Recent Work
- Advising and acting for Glencore in notification and clearance of cross-border transaction
Advising and acting for Sovcomflot in joint venture transaction
Advising and acting for Gazprom in acquisition transaction
- Advising and acting for Unilever in acquisition transaction
- Advising sovereign (permanent UN Security Council member, EU and NATO member) on the application of EU law on territories outside the effective control of the Government of Cyprus
- Advising Fujitsu General on dispute resolution issues involving competition and distribution law
- Advising Marathon Oil in relation to EU, commercial, dispute resolution and international law issues
- Acting for International Lease Finance Corporation in a dispute resolution matter
- Advising CGG and PGS on Cyprus law aspects
- Acting for Western Union in notification and clearance of a cross-border acquisition
- Acting for Bank of Cyprus in commercial litigation
- Advising the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe on European Union and international law
- Advising Transocean on Cyprus and EU law issues
- Co-author, Oxford Competition Law (OUP)