Amy Ciepluch practices in the Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and HIPAA areas. Her experience includes:
- Providing ongoing counseling for all benefit plan types, including counseling on compliance with the statutory requirements of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (“ERISA”) and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Implementing and amending deferred compensation plans in compliance with IRC §409A.
- Implementing and amending 403(b), 457(b) and 457(f) plans for not-for-profit entities.
- Drafting and reviewing various types of fringe benefit plans, including cafeteria plans with medical flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement arrangements and dependent care assistance plans.
- Assisting clients with Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor plan correction programs.
- Providing clients with counseling on ERISA fiduciary duty issues relating to qualified plans, including areas such as participant-directed 404(c) plans, plan investments and reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Drafting and reviewing fully insured and self-insured group health plans and stop loss insurance and all aspects of health plan administration.
- Draft HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies, and Procedures and Privacy Notices for employer health plans; advise employers on HIPAA compliance issues.