Amanda advises on tax issues related to international tax planning, domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, transfer pricing, corporate finance and tax dispute resolution.
In 2004-2005, Amanda was a law clerk to the Honourable Morris J. Fish of the Supreme Court of Canada. Amanda is a member of Osler’s Student Committee and an Adjunct Moot Advisor at the University of Toronto Faculty of Law.
- Canada v. GlaxoSmithKline Inc., 2012 SCC 52, appeal to the Supreme Court regarding the transfer price of the active ingredient in a branded pharmaceutical product.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its $8.7 billion all cash acquisition of Bausch + Lomb.
- URS Corporation in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Flint Energy Services Ltd.
- Sterling Partners in its $590 million acquisition of MOSAID Technologies Inc.
- Equinox Minerals in its unsolicited bid for Lundin Mining and its acquisition agreement with Barrick Gold Corporation.
- Walter Energy in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Western Coal Corp. by plan of arrangement.
- Kinross Gold Corporation in its $7 billion acquisition of Red Back Mining Inc.
- Magna International in its dual class share capital reorganization by way of plan of arrangement.
- Issuer's counsel on Bank of Montreal’s Covered Bond Programme.
- Issuer’s counsel on The Bank of Nova Scotia’s Covered Bond Programme.
- Dealers’ counsel on National Bank of Canada’s Covered Bond Programme.