Alyce Katayama practices in the areas of health law, tax-exempt organizations and immigration law. Her practice emphasizes the representation of hospitals and other health care providers. She has experience in a wide variety of health law subareas including reimbursement, fraud and abuse, joint ventures, contracting, governance, accreditation, corporate compliance, credentialing and medical staff matters, managed care, provider licensing and HIPAA. She has assisted health care entities in various sectors with internal investigations. In immigration, her practice is focused on professional and business immigration with special emphasis on health care professionals. Ms. Katayama’s recent experience includes:
- Counseling hospitals and integrated delivery systems on all aspects of regulatory compliance, including Stark, fraud and abuse and physician recruitment.
- Assisting hospitals and physician entities in the formation of integrated delivery systems and other health care related joint ventures.
- Representation of medical and other health professions schools in a variety of matters.
- Counseling health care systems and physicians on J-1 waivers and temporary and permanent visa strategies.
Among her career accomplishments are the following:
- Founding member and national chair from 1985-2003 of Quarles & Brady’s Health Law Group. Led development of group from embryonic stages to four office practices with national reputation in the health care industry.
- Formed the first hospital-owned, federally qualified HMO in Wisconsin.
- Formed and led the initial public offering of a multi-health care system managed care company.