Alan Fujimoto concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, international business, corporate law, and immigration. Born and raised in Japan, Mr. Fujimoto reads, writes and speaks Japanese fluently. He has extensive experience in assisting Japanese and other foreign clients in international business matters, real estate and commercial transactions and immigration cases. Examples of his work include:
- Real Estate Transactions: Represented both buyers and sellers in complex hotel sales and acquisitions, golf course sales and acquisitions and other commercial real estate transactions.
- Loan Documentation: Represented both lenders (Japan Banks and non-bank lenders) and borrowers in the documentation of multi-million dollar loan transactions.
- Service and Retail Businesses: Handled the start-up and continued representation of restaurant and other retail and service industry clients in all aspects of their business, including liquor licenses, franchise registration and other administration and licensing issues.
- Immigration: Advised international business clients on all aspects of business immigration matters. Assisted clients in obtaining necessary nonimmigrant and immigrant visas to send their employees to the United States.
- Insurance (Including Captive Insurance): Represented Japan-based insurers and assisted them in obtaining licenses to operate in the State of Hawaii and in the ongoing operations of their overseas businesses.
- Corporate Documentation: Assisted clients in incorporating their businesses in Hawaii and in all aspects of documenting their activities to conform to corporate, partnership and other organizational laws of the State of Hawaii.
Before attending law school, Mr. Fujimoto worked for the Hawaii Visitors Bureau where he was Deputy Director of Research. After graduating from law school, he served as law clerk to the late Honorable Yoshimi Hayashi of the Hawaii Supreme Court.