C. Donald Swartz and William T. Campbell worked together as young law clerks in Philadelphia. In 1921, they decided to form their own practice. The small firm grew as the skills and abilities of the two young lawyers were recognized in the legal community. The partnership was expanded with the addition of Ward Henry, a solo practitioner. Swartz, Campbell & Henry continued to grow and prosper, with offices located in the Lincoln Liberty Building (now the PNB Building) at Broad & Chestnut Streets in Philadelphia. With the retirement of Ward Henry, a bright and energetic trial lawyer, Lynn L. Detweiler, joined the firm. The name of the firm was changed to Swartz, Campbell & Detweiler. The firm soon became one of the preeminent insurance defense firms in Philadelphia. Today, the firm operates under the name of Swartz Campbell LLC and continues to be one of the preeminent defense litigation firms in the United States of America.