Seeger Weiss's practice includes representation of plaintiffs in individual cases, mass tort, class actions and commercial disputes. The Firm has been in the forefront of developing creative theories of liability in the ever-changing litigation landscape.
Among the Firm's many achievements are:
- Lead Counsel for Plaintiffs in the Vioxx Litigation that resulted in a settlement with Merck & Co. of thousands of individual personal injury claims for $4.85 billion, making it one of the largest settlements of a mass litigation in United States history.
- Lead negotiator for Plaintiffs in a $700 million class action settlement with Eli Lilly & Co. in connection with personal injury claims involving its anti-schizophrenia drug, Zyprexa.
- Trial Counsel for Plaintiffs in a personal injury lawsuit in New Jersey against Merck & Co. for Vioxx-related injuries that resulted in a $47.5 million verdict, making it one of the largest ever in New Jersey.
- Seeger Weiss LLP successfully represented a CEO in a wrongful termination case against a major corporation resulting in a seven-figure recovery.
- Seeger Weiss LLP successfully brought suit against an industrial hog farm which was polluting a rural community that resulted in a seven figure verdict for the plaintiffs
- Christopher Seeger was appointed lead co-counsel for the class action litigation against the NFL head concusssion lititgation.
- Christopher Seeger settled the largest suits against the manufacturers and distributors of Chinese Dry Wall setting the stage for settlements for hundreds of families in Florida suffering from toxis mold.
- Seeger Weiss's lawyers have been recognized by co-counsel and adversaries alike as a "go to" firm. The Firm has developed an extensive referral network for personal injury cases, as well as mass and class actions. Four of its partners have been elected to the prestigious Law Dragon rankings of the nation's top lawyers, and several more have been elected as "Super Lawyers" in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Despite their relative youth, the National Law Journal observed in 2007 that Seeger Weiss's attorneys "rank among the country's top plaintiffs' lawyers."