Rutan & Tucker’s highly strategic, forward thinking approach to individual cases and client needs has been the hallmark of the firm since A.W. Rutan opened his first law office in 1906. Rutan & Tucker has enjoyed a leading role in shaping Orange County and California businesses and communities, today standing as the largest full-service business law firm based in Orange County.
Rutan & Tucker represents a broad spectrum of clients, from major multinational corporations and financial institutions to family-owned businesses and private individuals; from high-technology and industrial enterprises to agricultural firms; from real estate developers to governmental agencies, educational institutions, and charities. The firm's practice extends throughout the United States and includes both the representation of foreign companies doing business in the United States and domestic companies engaged in activities abroad.
Our attorneys come from more than thirty law schools nationwide. Many graduated Order of the Coif or Phi Beta Kappa, were the editors of law reviews or held judicial clerkships. The accomplishments of our attorneys reflect the quality of Rutan & Tucker. The firm has provided a president and two members of the board of governors of the California State Bar and six presidents of the Orange County Bar Association. Some of the firm's attorneys teach professional education courses or law school classes. Many hold significant positions in trade, charitable and civic organizations.
The firm's tradition is one of fresh, strategic thinking and going forward, we will continue to make history with a continued commitment to excellence and new thinking for many decades to come.