EKB has built a solid tradition of professional excellence, one that is reflected in our comprehensive range of legal services and our outstanding team of lawyers. EKB was founded in 1965 when Jack T. Edwards and John C. Bouck (later both appointed to the Supreme Court of British Columbia) formed the partnership of Bouck and Edwards. Four years later, they were joined by Brenton D. Kenny (later Q.C.), who remains Associate Counsel with the firm. Ronald C. Bray and other talented lawyers soon joined EKB. Their expertise and achievements helped to establish the firm's high standard of professional excellence.
Our lawyers continually strive to be the forefront of emerging legal issues and developments. Many of our lawyers regularly speak at conferences held by The Continuing Legal Education Society of B.C., Insight, EPIC, The Canadian Institute and other professional organizations.
Our lawyers have also served in various capacities in the legal community, including:
- Benchers of The Law Society of British Columbia
- Council member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Association's B.C. Branch
- Executive members of various national and provincial sections of the Canadian Bar Association
- Executive members of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Adjunct Professors at the University of British Columbia Faculty of Law
- Course Instructors at the Professional Legal Training Course
EKB's tradition of leadership extends beyond the firm and the legal community. Our lawyers and staff believe in serving their communities and many volunteer considerable time to support a variety of pro bono associations, community groups, charitable organizations, and religious boards.