Bill's prompt service and attention to detail have been the standards of his more than 30 years of work in the federal tax and real property areas of the practice. He is a fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL) and is active in local, state and national bar associations.
Bill has extensive experience in a wide variety of real estate-related transactions. Some of the diverse matters he has recently handled:
- Sale, development, financing and disposition of multifamily properties;
- Choice of entity considerations in the acquisition of real estate;
- Negotiation and drafting of deal specific partnership, limited liability company and joint venture agreements, which may include detailed provisions concerning the rights, authorities and limitations of the participants with respect to distributions, preferences, priorities, management, transfer and other aspects of the entity's business and financial circumstances;
- Advice about the tax and real estate considerations in distressed property transactions;
- The negotiation of various property management agreements;
- The effect of the Real Estate Mortgage Investment Conduit (REMIC) provisions;
- Representation of donors in charitable conservation gifts of real property; and
- Counseling about the potential appraiser penalties under Section 6695B and 6701 of the federal tax code.